Terms & Conditions
Effective July, 2022
Maddi Cross (“Better With A Pen”) operates BetterWithAPen.com, along with all relevant media, including social networking platforms. These Terms & Conditions ensure a smooth collaboration between you (hereby referred to as “Client” or “the Client”) and Maddi (hereby referred to as “Artist” or “the Artist”). By placing an order, you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
- The Artist will process all Commission orders in the order that they are received. Most Commission projects are finished within two weeks of the order being placed. However, completion time is dependent on a number of factors. First, the scope of the work (including depth and details required by The Artist). Second, the schedule of The Artist. The Artist will disclose their availability upon The Client booking a Commission order.
- The Client is expected to provide as many details as is possible for The Artist to complete their Commission order. The Artist is thereby required to utilize these details to the best of their ability so the Commission order is fulfilled accurately. Should The Client find any mistakes, The Artist provides up to two major revisions per Commission order.
- Payments are expected upon Commission order completion. A 50% deposit, which is non-refundable under any circumstances, is required upon order placement. The Artist accepts cash (received via PayPal or Venmo) tips, but they are not required. All prices are clearly stated on The Artist’s website, BetterWithAPen.com. Various payment methods are accepted. If you do not see your desired payment method listed on The Artist’s website, it is not accepted.
- Refunds are only available for non-completion from The Artist. If The Artist takes more than one month to complete your Commission order, you are entitled to a refund in the amount of your agreed upon Contract. However, if you have disputes regarding the Commission order’s aesthetics, refunds are not available. The Artist and Client are under agreement that the Client has explicitly stated their expectations. The Client would have done ample research on The Artist’s style, aesthetics, and processes. “Creative Differences” are not appropriate reasons for refunds.
- The Artist will accept most Commission orders. However, The Artist will not, under any circumstances, complete Commission orders which include hate speech (including racist, sexist, homophobic, and other bigoted language) are completely prohibited.
- The Artist can do NSFW Commission orders under a few circumstances. First, The Client must be over 18 years of age at the time of placing their order. The Client must be able to prove, with a legal and valid Government ID, that they are of an appropriate age to be viewing explicit content. Otherwise, Clients under 18 years of age must have permission from their Parent or Legal Guardian. If The Client is found guilty of lying about their age, The Artist has the right to terminate the contract, and potentially pursue legal action against The Client.
- The Client receives complete ownership of their Commission order. Of course, all appropriate Copyright laws are applicable regarding “inspired” works (ie., Commission orders based upon Intellectual Property). All Commission orders based upon OCs (Original Characters), belong to The Client fully.
- The Artist reserves the right to refuse any Commission order that they believe goes against these Terms & Conditions. By placing an order, you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions and understand that they will not be changed.
Maddi Cross would like to thank their supporters for choosing Better With A Pen for their Commissions Projects.